Friday, January 12, 2007

iPhone

Did you hear? iPhone has taken over the world.

I swear, Apple announces a new piece of technology and the next day, the world stops and wants. I mean, really wants it.

"Did you see what it can do?"

"It's so cute."

"It's got a touch-screen."

"You can see the albums." (I don't know exactly what this last one means, but my friend sure was excited.)

This discussion happened at my church drama meeting. My church drama meeting! Please don't read the explanation point as saying Apple is the devil, but another friend looked over at me and said, "I feel like Apple is our sponsor." Which we immediately agreed would be awesome.

'Cause Apple makes cool stuff. That's the thing. It's like they look at something and say, "How can we revolutionize this?" And then they do. If Apple announced Monday that they were reinventing the wheel, Tuesday would be Michelin's and Goodyear's worst day.

1 comment:

Tracy Lee V said...

Very true, very true. Very clever re: the tire companies. I enjoyed that immensely. The other parts of the conversation I actually heard already, though I do appreciate a new blog anytime, really. :)

I find it most interesting, however, that you, the person who firmly believes that a corporate CEO will end up being the devil incarnate, and who thought that the movie "the Corporation" was one of the scariest ever made, that you would buy into the Apple hype. I don't like Apple. I do think they've done wonderful things and I like their commercials quite a bit, but I'm still bitter at the iMac for being the exact opposite of a PC just to confuse me, and at the iPod for being just another way for people to ignore rational face-to-face human conversation. And at every one of their inventions for being similar-looking. Inventions should be inventive. Work on it, people (honestly, must everything have an "i" in front of it? As if we weren't already the most selfish culture on earth...). The thing that worries me the most about Apple is that before we know it, they (and Steve Jobs) will have taken over the world.

In more positive news for me, I guess, I didn't hear about the iPhone until the drama meeting last night, and I haven't heard or seen a word about it since. It depends on the audience, I guess. Some people have more important things to get excited about. Like life.

I liked your blog, can you tell? Good writing always makes me feisty. :)