Sunday, February 01, 2009

Larry Fitzgerald is a Beast

You've probably seen him play by now. But I keep on flashing back to what one of my favorite sports writers, Jason Whitlock, wrote about Larry Fitzgerald earlier in the year. About mid-season, Fitzgerald had something like a 5 reception, 75-yard game. That following Monday, Whitlock wrote that few people had seen the game, but that it was an amazing performance and that Fitzgerald was going to revolutionize the position.

I believe that now. Yes, he goes up and outleaps multiple defenders. But that's not what is so impressiveto me. All that the Kurt Warner needs to do is get the ball within his reach. If you can get it there, if you can get it within his reach, his hands seem to generate a gravitational force. It's amazing to watch. He's become one of my favorite players to watch.

Also, I'm going to pick the Cardinals to win. I just think that they have more to prove and that the Steelers are taking too much for granted. You can't talk about the Steeler's defense. The Cardinal's defense has stepped up in the post season. If they had played this way all year, how would they have been ranked?

That's my prediction.

No comments: